What is a Review?
- A review is a collection of thoughts, feelings and opinions about a book you have read or a movie you have seen.
- Reviews are helpful because they inform future others about books they may be interested in reading or movies they may like to watch. Often, a review will influence other people by telling them a little bit about what the book/movie is about, as well as if it is worth reading or watching! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
- The most important thing to remember is that reviews DO NOT give away the ending or anything else that may spoil the book/movie for someone else!
What should I include in my review?
Below are some questions to guide your writing.
- Did you like the book/movie? Why? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- What was your favourite part of the book/movie? Why? xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Who was your favourite character? Why? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Can you relate to any of the characters in the story? If so, how? xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Do you have a least favourite part of the book/movie? Why?xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- If you could change something in the book/movie, what would it be? xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Would you recommend this book/movie to others? Why?xWhy?xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- What type of person would like this book/movie? Why?
J.F. Pattie Elementary School (2004) How to write a book review. Available from: http://www.pwcs.edu/schools/es/pattie/archive-pattie/summer%20reading/howtodoabookreview.htm. Retrieved via internet 9/12/08.